"Looking like some guy from a Brueghel painting w/ britches full of St. Elmo’s fire, [David] Hild shouted, sung, hollered and whined…Decribin’ just what precisely he does is as tough has comin’ up w/ the exact wordin’ for a specific minor irritation you have in some deep recess behind your spleen, but it’s real pleasin’ t’ listen to."
- Byron Coley, now 29 years ago, next year it will be 30 years ago, you get the idea…
…encore broadcast via fuckinrecordreviews…
ON THIS DATE IN FUCKIN’ RECORD REVIEWS HISTORY: 10/5/85.
28 years ago tonight, Byron Coley, Lili Dwight and a few others (not many though) visited with Daved Hild, Robin Amos and Ralph Carney at Maxwell’s!
FORCED EXPOSURE #9 1985 (page 11), Jimmy Johnson, Editor
- Steve Fallon was the original owner of Maxwell’s, which closed for the last time (?) on 7/31/13.
- Daved Hild is a legendary musician and character from the bad old days who played with The Girls. Their Reunion LP (Brasch - 1986) is awesome. Has that never been reissued?
- Hild collaborated with Mark Kramer and Ralph Carney for a couple of records on Shimmy Disc in 1987 and 1994.
- Robin Amos is perhaps best known for putting up with Glenn Jones’ preoccupation with John Fahey as a member of CUL DE SAC. But don’t forget SHUT UP.
- There’s also a buncha compelling stuff by Daved Hild on YouTube. Below is a WERS live 4/19/80 broadcast of Daved Hild and Robin Amos playing with MISSION OF BURMA.
- Any excuse to check in with Roger Ruskin Spear is a good one and this dusted children’s show clip featuring the Bonzo is not something you see everyday. RRS does his bit at 1’16”.